16. In organizational settings, power is defined as B. the capacity to influence others.
The options to select among:
- A. the practice of trying to influence another person.
- B. the capacity to influence others.
- C. the act of changing another person’s attitudes and behaviors.
- D. the extent to which one person is required to follow another person’s commands even though he or she does not want to follow the commands.
- E. the ability of a person who is dependent on another person to dominate another person who is not at all dependent on the first person.
Further Points On This
Power is the capacity of a person, team, or organization to influence others.
The potential to influence others – This may depend with the type of power the individual has
People have power they don’t use and may not know they possess – Because power may result from an influential position regarded as so by others and not the specific individual.
Power requires one person’s perception of dependence on another person