What is the overall reason for the challenges occurring at the Golden Apple Restaurant? This answer is worth ten marks. Please provide ten valid points that address the question.
Points to note:
- Lack of motivation among the employees and the employer.
- Importance of employee motivation in a restaurant considering its industry demands.
- Lack of appreciation among the employees like Chen.
- Unfair treatment with lack lack of equal opportunities.
- Lack of teamwork, no one seems to know Chen’s personal like.
- Mistreatment by the district manager
- Poor leadership
What role did the general manager(s) of the Golden Apple Restaurant, and if any, the previous owners Robert and Jasmine Raveendran play in the decline of the current morale and challenges the restaurant is experiencing? Please provide ten valid points which address the question
Points to note:
- No raise or appreciation by previous and present employers.
- Lack of career growth opportunities.
- Poor relationship between managers and employees, and among themselves.
- General manager seems to have less authority that would be expected.
- Need for new measures and techniques to deal with the condition by involving all parties.
What specific steps could have been taken to avoid the current situation occurring in the Golden Apple Restaurant by the current general manager, district manager and previous owners Robert and Jasmine Raveendran of the Alberton Cafeteria? Please provide ten valid points which address the question
There are several steps Golden Apple Restaurant could take:
- Create a friendly environment.
- Come up with a defined career path for all employees.
- Set a smaller employee workload with an incentive plan.
- Acknowledge individual achievements.
- Encourage teamwork among the employees.
- Clear Responsibilities.
- Background screening.